Monday, August 29, 2016

Do You Hear What I Hear? (Part 2)

As I return to the safety and comfort of my apartment, I think I've escaped the noisiness of campus. While there is definitely less sound inside my apartment, noise is still very much apparent. The sound of doors opening and closing as my roommates make their way inside bounce off the walls. The hum of the refrigerator fills the kitchen, along with the squish of the dishwasher. Even as I sit on my bed typing this, the click of the keys on the keyboard resonate. From next to the window, I hear the roar of the radiator, which never seems to dissipate. Sounds I usually wouldn't notice began to make themselves known, and I hear the buzz of the electric currents inside the overhead lights of my bedroom. My own breathing takes center stage when I'm alone in my room, and I can hear my pulse again.

No comments:

Post a Comment